EUSE - Home
ON SUPPORTED EMPLOYMENT
EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYMENT FOR ALL - A GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE
14TH - 16TH JUNE 2017
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
EARLY BIRD BOOKINGS AVAILABLE
European Union of Supported Employment European Association of Service Providers for Persons with Disabilities
In Partnership with:
World Association of Supported Employment Canadian Association for Supported Employment Disability Employment Australia Association of People Supporting Employment First (APSE)
Northern Ireland Union of Supported Employment
Supported Employment – Entrepreneurship and Disability (SEEDS) Project is a European partnership of five organisations - Fundacion Emplea (Spain) Lead Partner, European Union of Supported Employment (EUSE), Associacao Portuguesa de Emprego Apoiado (Portugal), Univerzitetni Rehabilitacijski Institut Republike Slovenija - Soca (Slovenia) and SUEM.BE (Belgium). SEEDS is co-funded by Eramus+ Programme of the European Union.
SEEDS project aims to transfer the model of Supported Employment to assist people with disabilities or people from disadvantaged situations to explore entrepreneurship and self-employment. The rationale of the project is that the model of Supported Employment is well established and successful in assisting people with disabilities and people from other disadvantaged situation to access and stay in employment. Due to the economic downturn people with disabilities and from disadvantaged situation have to explore other opportunities to create employment – self-employment. The lack of understanding about supporting potential entrepreneurs is a reality across Europe. The SEEDS project will address this gap through the training for professionals in adapting current practice and create consistency of approach in Self Employment Support.
The objectives of the project are to-
- Understand the difference in the knowledge, experience, capacities and skills in relation to supporting people seeking self-employment.
- Upskill and building capacity of professionals who provide support services to entrepreneurs with disabilities.
- Develop a common framework, allowing better exchange among professionals.
- Increase the number and quality of support services provided to potential entrepreneurs with disabilities throughout Europe.
This will be achieved by:-
- Producing current situation in relation to self-employment across partners.
- Adaptation of the Supported Employment methodology to support entrepreneurship.
- Design of a professional profile of the Supported Self-Employment Advisor.
- Design a European Course for Supported SelfEmployment Advisors.
- Test the training courses on 40 professionals across Europe.
- A final European Seminar to disseminate results.
Co-funded by Eramus+ Programme of the European Union
Agreement Number – 2015-1-ES01-KA202-015690
The European Union of Supported Employment (EUSE) is the European umbrella organisation for supported employment. The members of the EUSE are National Associations of Supported Employment in Europe.
EUSE was established in 1993 to facilitate the development of Supported Employment throughout Europe. The Union works to promote the Supported Employment model through the exchange of information and knowledge on good practice.
EUSE also provides a platform for its members to network with other organisations and associations at European and world level.